- Melanie Tays is actually my maiden name. Since 2004, when I married my husband, Chris, my name is Melanie James. I write under my maiden name because it’s unique.
- I had a few detours in my early adulthood before finally deciding to pursue writing as a career. I started out as a registered nurse. On the first day of my critical care rotation, my professor asked us all what we would have wanted to do if we could do absolutely anything and couldn’t be a nurse. I said I would be an author. When I told her I would write fiction because I hate research, I don’t think I impressed her very much (oops). I lucked out, though, and got to do both: seven years as a nurse (mostly working in home healthcare) and now I spend my days weaving stories to share with you.
- I am the designer of the card game Launch Pad, published by Stratus Games. I came up with the game in a single night, and 90% of it never changed through all our play testing. I think more than a few fights have started over the strong take-that factor in the game. It turns out some people are a lot more serious about their game play than I am (oops again).
- I love to play board games and card games. My husband and I own over 650 games. Of course, this is also because we are the creators of Casual Game Revolution and Casual Game Insider Magazine, so it’s not all fun and games—pun intended.
- I’m incredibly entrepreneurial. Just for fun, I like to think of ideas for new start-ups or how to market a business. It sometimes drives my husband a little crazy (“Why can’t we just go to Disney Land without spending half our time there discussing the logistics of starting a theme park?”) So, as I’m sure you can imagine, I’m super fun at parties.
So that’s me. Now I would love to hear about you. What’s something quirky and interesting about you? What do you like to read? Send me a message, or leave a comment and let me know.
Rick Dahlin says
I’m a retired Navy Veteran of 24 years active duty. I love to read, period. any book, any style, any genre. I’m also very cheap in my reading and download just about anything that’s free!!!
Book Review Gal says
Books have been my best friends since I was a child, because I was an only at a time when onlies were unusual. I love board and card games, but have trouble finding people to play with me — I’ve tried to form a game group several times, but it never took off. Occasionally my adult daughter will play with me. I have a book review blog and love writing, although I stick to creative nonfiction. I love Kindle Unlimited too!
Melanie Tays says
I consider books to be some of my greatest friends and teachers. That’s why it’s so sad sometimes when they end 😃.
Mandy Storts says
I love to read any thing romance and young adult fantasy s. I love board and card games, also I’m somewhat of a crafter my odd thing is while I’m left handed I crochet using my right hand that is how my sister taught me .
Melanie Tays says
Welcome! I also crochet, though I can’t imagine doing it with my non-dominant hand. That’s talent right there 🙂