Playing the classic questions game of Would You Rather takes on a whole new edge when you place it in a dystopian or apocalyptic/post-apocalyptic setting. Just for fun, here are some questions to get you thinking. Maybe it will help you determine which dystopian future you’re hoping for (or help us decide to make the choices now to avoid a dystopia at all costs).
Would You Rather…
- Live in a dystopian society with a tyrannical government or one with total anarchy?
- Be a tribute in the Hunger Games or a test subject in the Maze Runner?
- Have no teeth or have braces in a post-apocalyptic world with no dentists/orthodontists?
- Not be able to see color or not be able to feel love?
- Contract a deadly virus and die or contract a non-deadly virus and become a zombie?
- Live through an apocalypse or only ever know a post-apocalyptic world?
- Be the last person alive on Earth or be the only person who isn’t a zombie?
- Experience an apocalypse that is from natural disasters or one that is human caused?
- Be a slave to apes or to robots?
- Contract the Withers disease from Wall of Fire or the Flare from Maze Runner?
- Live in an alternate reality where chocolate was never discovered or where humans lost the sense of smell?
- Have your mind taken over by an alien or have your mind taken over by a computer program?
- Have your whole life videoed and broadcast to everyone without your knowledge or known that your whole life is being watched but only by government officials?
- Be beautiful and brainless or ugly and aware?
- Have only meat to eat or only beans and rice?
- Know that you live in a tyrannical dystopia or have your mind altered so that you were unaware?
- Be the poorest person in the Hunger Games Capitol or the Richest person in the districts?
- Be under the influence of the Mind Mist from Wall of Fire or the Pretties bubble head surgery?
- Have to survive based on your skill and cunning or based on pure brute strength?
- Live in a perfect world that is all a lie or a real world that has challenges?
- Be the last person on Earth or be trapped in a bunker with the most annoying person on Earth?
Can you think of more dystopia/apocalypse “Would You Rather” questions that need to be considered? Add them to the comments below to keep the fun going. (I might add some of the best ones to the post to help everyone see them.)